Mindful Moments In The Classroom
LOMBARD June 12, 13, 14
ELMHURST July 9, 11, 13
Learn to create an environment based on Mindfulness Practices for students of all ages. Mindfulness means maintaining a moment-by-moment awareness of our thoughts, feelings, bodily sensations, and surrounding environment.
DURING THE WORKSHOP
- Experience a variety of personal mindfulness practices and reflection.
- Explore application of mindfulness practices to students of different ages and needs
- Practice leading a mindfulness lesson.
- Develop a mindfulness lesson.
- Plan a 4 week sequence of mindfulness practices best suited to the teacher’s own classroom.
LOCATION and DATE
LOMBARD Session 1: June 12, 13, 14 (T/W/ Th) 8:30 am - 1:00 pm Anahata Center
ELMHURST Session 2: July 9, 11, 13 (M/W/ F) 8:30 am - 1:00 pm Team Clock Institute
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Molly Nechvatal is a National Board Certified Teacher of gifted middle school English. Ms. Nechvatal is also a 200 hour Yoga Certified Teacher and Meditation Teacher. By combining the mindfulness aspects of her yoga training with Illinois’ Social-Emotional Learning Standards, Ms. Nechvatal will teach participants why a mindful environment is critical to all students, especially in our current culture and how to authentically create your own classroom mindfulness. She will also share a series of weekly Mindfulness lessons that can be used with students of all ages. She brings over 20 years of experience as a teacher, IAGC member, parent, yogini and meditator.