Mini-Moments In The Classroom
ONE Day Workshop • July 27
Learn to create an environment based on Mindfulness Practices for students of all ages. Mindfulness means maintaining a moment-by-moment awareness of our thoughts, feelings, bodily sensations, and surrounding environment.
This is a mini-version of the June Workshop, created to fit the needs of busy teachers and administrators!
DURING THE WORKSHOP
- Experience a variety of personal mindfulness practices and reflection.
- Explore application of mindfulness practices to students of different ages and needs
- Practice leading a mindfulness lesson.
- Develop a mindfulness lesson.
- Plan a 4 week sequence of mindfulness practices best suited to the teacher’s own classroom.
Thursday July 27, 2017
8:30 am to 2:30 pm
Pay via Credit Card (on registration form) or Paypal
929 S. Main Street, Suite 106 Lombard, IL 60148
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Molly Nechvatal is a National Board Certified Teacher of gifted middle school English. Ms. Nechvatal is also a 200 hour Yoga Certified Teacher. By combining the mindfulness aspects of her yoga training with Illinois’ Social-Emotional Learning Standards, Ms. Nechvatal will share a series of weekly Mindfulness lessons that can be used with students of all ages. She brings over 20 years of experience as a teacher, IAGC member, parent, yogini and meditator.